Special Athletes gather for spring games
MT. VERNON — More than 300 special athletes gathered at Mt. Vernon Township High School for the annual Special Olympics Area 14 Spring Games on Friday.Continued ...
- National Day of Prayer held
- MVTHS to hold JAVA Art Showcase
- Arbor Day celebration held
- Special Athletes gather for spring games
Executive director resigns
MT. VERNON — Following a five-year stint as the executive director of the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, Brandon Bullard announced at Thursday's noon luncheon he is leaving the position. Bullard informed the Chamber's Executive Board of his dContinued ...
- Fire district approves appointments
- Ceremony planned at Belle Rive School
- Executive director resigns
Paul S. Lynch, 91, of Bonnie, died 1:27 a.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was born Wednesday, Nov. 30, 1921, in Bonnie, the son of Duke and Gertrude (Johnston) Lynch. He married Dorothy Reid on Nov. 23,Continued ...
- Kay Williamson
- Mary Street
- Jerry Morris
- Gary Wallis
- Paul Lynch
Rams track opens postseason at Salem
MT. VERNON - The Rams track team begins its postseason today. Mt. Vernon travels to Salem for the sectional meet. The Rams will compete against 18 other schools for spots at the state final. The top two finishers in each event will advance to state aContinued ...
- Lady Rams fall to Annies
- Heat rally past Bulls to advance
- Rams tennis rolls past Benton
- Rams track opens postseason at Salem
At 81, Oklahoma alumnus finally attends graduation
Harold Newland, 81, participated in commencement at the University of Oklahoma on Friday and got a new copy of the accounting degree he earned nearly 55 years ago. Newland missed graduation after earning the degree and has thought of returning to Norman ever since.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Student's rant admonishing teacher goes viral
- SLIDESHOW: Governor Otis R. Bowen
- Do school bus drivers undergo background checks?
- At 81, Oklahoma alumnus finally attends graduation