UpStart Art Mart holds grand opening
The official grand opening and ribbon cutting of the UpStart Art Mart was held Friday. The shop, located in the 800 block of Broadway, features the work of local artists. Volunteers maintain and manage the facility, which will be open Friday, Saturday and Sundays. The mart is sponsored by the Downtown Mt. Vernon Development Corporation, and was created as a venue for local artists to sell their work, DMDC member Rex Cusumano said. "We want to encourage our local artists to be part of this community," Cusumano said.Continued ...
- Kohl's associates go green at Amy Center
- Young Athletes show skills at Franklin
- Earth Day celebrated at Brehm
- UpStart Art Mart holds grand opening
Rainey given 40 years
MT. VERNON — Judge David Overstreet sentenced convicted sex offender Albert Rainey, 39, of Mt. Vernon to two consecutive 20-year prison sentences Friday. Rainey was convicted by a Jefferson County jury in February of two counts of predatory criminalContinued ...
- County's financial picture improves
- Armory property considered for events
- Good Sam hosts safety seat event
- Rainey given 40 years
Mary L. Street, 82, of Walnut Hill, passed away at 7:42 p.m. Monday, May 13, 2013, at St. Mary's Hospital in Centralia. She was born on Dec. 7, 1930, in Richview, the daughter of James and Maude (White) Skibinski. On Sept. 30, 1955, in Walnut Hill,Continued ...
- Jerry Morris
- Gary Wallis
- Mary Street
- Douglas Gabriel
- Mary Street
Rams top Edwardsville Mt. Vernon's baseball team traveled to Edwardsville and won 6-3 Wednesday. Tyler Ellis was the winning pitcher and finished with six strikeouts in the game. He allowed three earned runs. "Tyler Ellis had a great outing," Mt. VerContinued ...
- Zambrano, Phils agree to minor league deal
- Rams track opens postseason at Salem
- Lady Rams fall to Annies
- Sports briefs
VIDEO: Student's rant admonishing teacher goes viral
Watch this viral video of a student being kicked out of class and chastising his teacher for her usage of "packets."Continued ...
- SLIDESHOW: Governor Otis R. Bowen
- Do school bus drivers undergo background checks?
- The connection between breakfast and academic achievement
- VIDEO: Student's rant admonishing teacher goes viral