Aquatic Zoo construction continues
A concrete worker smooths over one of the retaining walls on the competition pool at the Aquatic Zoo, while co-workers work on the flooring. Work is continuing on the lazy river, which winds around the complex, and concrete has been poured for the concession stand. Parks & Recreation Department Facilities Director George Bryant said construction is slightly above 50 percent complete and the schedule for the opening has not been finalized.Continued ...
- Drug sweep nets 13 arrests
- Welchel speaks at Healthy Woman anniversary
- Foster Grandparents hard at work
- Aquatic Zoo construction continues
Local Tea Party members not targeted
MT. VERNON — A local Tea Party organizer says he or anyone affiliated with the local organization has not been targeted by the Internal Revenue Service. The Justice Department is investigating the IRS for targeting tea party groups for extra scrutinContinued ...
- Thursday Night Live kicks off season
- Public assistance sought in burglaries
- ICE return unlikely this year
- Local Tea Party members not targeted
Ruby M. Shlton, 96, of Wayne City, died 11 p.m. May 14, 2014, at Mt. Vernon Health Care. She was a homemaker. Mrs. Shelton was born May 5, 1917, in Wayne City, the daughrter of Joe and "Lula" Dove Lathrop. She married Howard Shelton; he preceded herContinued ...
- Kelvin Moore
- Clifford Brown
- Paul Lynch
- Paul Lynch
- Ruby Shelton
'Ghost ship' offered to highest bidder
The mysterious death of the owner of a sailboat, found without anyone on board last fall, has not deterred the coastal city of Newburyport, Mass., from offering the sloop for sale on a municipal auctiion website.Continued ...
- Google shuts down SMS search, angers people who had forgotten it existed
- Bodily waste can help solve the energy crisis, author says
- What if you could pay for cable channels a la carté?
- 'Ghost ship' offered to highest bidder