MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Kyle Dalvaz Gant, 22, of the 700 block of South 18th Street, was arrested at 10:25 a.m. Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear. Bond was set at $3,000 and he was released.
- Angelo D. Long, 36, of the 300 block of North Sixth Street, was arrested at 12:28 p.m. Thursday on a warrant for indecent solicitation and for violation of probation.
- A fight at the Casey Middle School playground was reported at 5:11 p.m. Thursday. Those involved scattered when police arrived, according to police records.
- A man told police he ran off a prowler from his porch in the 2900 block of South 13th Street around 11:07 p.m. Thursday. The prowler was wearing either a white or light colored shirt.
- A theft of undisclosed items at a residence in the 2200 block in Casey Avenue was reported at 7:34 Thursday.
- Presciption drugs were reported stolen from a residence in the 800 block of South 22nd Street at 8:40 p.m. Thursday.
- An employee at Hucks, 3300 Broadway, told police at 9:05 a.m. Thursday that someone drove-off without paying $35 for gas. The vehicle the driver was in was described as a teal Chevrolet Malibu.
- A house burglary in the 700 block of South 25th Street was reported at 12:12 p.m. Thursday.
- Police received a report that a FedEx package was stolen from a residence in the 800 block of North Sixth Street. The packaged had been confirmed delivered.
- An employee of Audio Visionz, 1419 South 10th Street, reported a theft of undisclosed items at 3:45 Thursday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- A battery was reported in the 900 block of Casey Avenue at 5:49 a.m. Friday. No other information about the battery was made available.
- A report of criminal damage to property was reported in the 400 block of East Cooper Avenue in Nason.
- A gas leak from a 500 gallon propane tank was reported in the 11200 block of East Harrison Road at 10:01 p.m. Thursday. The Jefferson County Fire Protection District responded and able to shut off the leak.
- A theft of undisclosed items was reported in the 1200 block of North Ninth Street at 12:08 p.m. Friday.