MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Valarie Beals, 26, of the 15000 block of East Fairfield Road, was arrested at 7:52 p.m. Monday on a charge of driving while license suspended. She posted bond and was released.
- A female caller told police at 11:52 p.m. Monday that she heard a single gunshot in the area of South 15th Street.
- A male caller told police at 9:03 a.m. Monday that a business in the 600 block of South 42nd Street had been burglarized.
- A woman reported to police at 11:23 a.m. Monday that her residence in the 600 block of Main Street had been burglarized some time within the past few days.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Bradley Austin, 26, of the 900 block of Casey Avenue, was arrested at 12:54 p.m. Monday on a charge of aggravated battery.
- A sexual assault was reported to police at 8:42 p.m. Monday from a resident in the Rolling Meadows subdivision.
- A resident in the 6600 block of North Price Lane, Bonnie, told the sheriff’s department they returned home at 12:27 p.m. to find a back door kicked in, and the residence was “trashed.”
- One person was taken to Good Samaritan Regional Health Center about 1 p.m. Monday following a single-vehicle rollover accident on Illinois 15, west of Woodlawn Shell. No other information was available.