MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- A resident in the 200 block of South 15th Street called police to report the theft of a $1.27 beer from the residence at 5:17 p.m. Friday.
- Police responded to a report of a television stolen from a residence in the 900 block of South Sixth Street at 1:53 a.m. Saturday.
- A Kroger employee told police at 10:54 a.m. Friday that a shoplifter ran out of the store heading southeast.
- Police responded to a report of a radio stolen from a vehicle in the 900 block of South 25th Street at 11:35 a.m. Friday.
- Police responded to a report of a burglary in the 700 block of South 34th Street at 6:43 p.m. Friday.
- A resident in the 1700 block of Logan Street told police someone shot paintballs at the front door at 7:39 p.m. Friday.
- Friday at 7:25 p.m., police responded to a report that a truck parted in the 1900 block of South Eighth Street was vandalized overnight.
- An employee at the Holiday Inn called police at 12:50 p.m. Friday to report damage to a room at the business.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Police responded to a report of someone driving an older white Cadillac breaking into a house in the 6600 block of North Illinois Highway 148 at 1:04 p.m. Saturday.