MT. VERNON —
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Susan D. Scarbrough, 37, of the 300 block of West 2nd Street, Georgetown, Ill., was arrested at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday on a charge of failure to appear. Bond was set at $2,000 and she was released.
- Police responded to a report at 10:26 a.m. Tuesday of a woman walking with scissors along Ill. Highway 15 and who allegedly walked in front of a vehicle being driven by the man who filed the report. He claimed he came close to striking her with the vehicle. The woman denied she was walking along the highway.
- Police are investigating a suspicious fire in the 300 block of Duncan Lane in Hutchison. Police received a call from a motorist on I-57 of what appeared to be a fire. Though the fire was out when police arrived, they did find traces of gasoline poured along the building that had been lit, leaving charred marks but not further damage. An arson detective had been notified.
- Police received a report Monday at 6:59 p.m. of several aggressive dogs outside a home on N. Salem Road. Animal control officers were notified.
- Police received a call of drug use at 9 p.m. Monday at the corner of N. 10th and Dewey streets in Mt. Vernon. Police responded but found no one at the location upon arrival.
- A woman told police that she believed someone was looking in the window of her house in the 15000 block of East Fairfield Road in Mt. Vernon.
- A woman told police at 7 p.m. Monday that her home in the 300 block of Orchard Avenue was burglarized while she was at work.