MT. VERNON — —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- William R. Hayes, 41, of the 300 block of Castleton Avenue, was arrested at 12:58 p.m. Friday on a charge of violating an order of protection.
- Michael J. Belmont, 26, of the 200 block of Grant Street, was arrested at 1:57 p.m. Friday on a charge of driving with a revoked license. Bond was set at $1,500 and Belmont was released.
- Carolyn Ellen Duncan, 38, of the 400 block of South 20th Street, was arrested at 3:24 p.m. Friday on a charge of violating bail. Bond was set at $5,000.
- Peter David Johnson, 52, of the 1000 block of Pace Avenue, was arrested at11:56 p.m. Friday on charges of possession of a stolen firearm and felony possession or use of a firearm. Bond was set at $40,000.
- Phillip Eric Chapman, 32, of the 2200 block of College Street, was arrested at 2:22 a.m. Saturday on charges of domestic battery and unlawful restraint. Bond was set at $7,500.
- Courtney D. Williams, 21, of the 1100 block of South 12th Street, was arrested at 9:34 a.m. Saturday on charges of domestic battery, aggravated battery of a child under the age of 13 and resisting or obstructing police. Bond was set at $30,000.
- Norman E. Overturf, 21, of the 1400 block of White Street, was arrested at 12:20 p.m. Saturday on a charge of theft over $500. Bond was set at $25,000 and Overturf was released.
- Martha F. Henry, 44, of the 1100 block of Prairie Avenue, was arrested at 5:17 p.m. Saturday on a charge of retail theft over $300.
- Marlene A. Barczewski, 50, of the 1700 block of East Salisbury Road, Scheller, was arrested at 8:08 p.m. Saturday on a charge of driving under the influence. Bond was set at $1,000 and Barczewski was released.
- Markeyi L. Sullivan, 18, of the 100 block of Aspen Drive, was arrested at 9:52 p.m. Sunday on a charge of retail theft. Bond was set at $1,000.
- Charles Alan Carroll, 57, of the 700 block of Harrison Street, was arrested at 11 p.m. Sunday on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- A man reportedly attempted to force entry to a home Saturday morning in the 2500 block of Casey Avenue and later claimed in the emergency room of the Good Samaritan Regional Health Center that he was stabbed, according to police records. A woman called police around 2 a.m. and said a man was trying to break down her door. When police arrived, they found a trail of blood allegedly left by the suspect.
- An employee at the Good Samaritan Regional Health Center told police of a man carrying a handgun inside the emergency room area around 3:30 a.m. Saturday. Hospital employees described him as a tall black man with braided and beaded hair wearing a red hat and a khaki Carhartt jacket.
- Gunshots were reported Sunday at 3:30 p.m. in the 300 block of South Fourth Street. According to police records, several people were in the area when officers arrived but none flagged them down to indicate a problem.
- A woman told police that a group of girls claimed to be selling candy and cookies in the 4200 block of Woodglen Lane on behalf of the United Methodist Children’s Home. However, the woman called the UMCH and was told there was no such fundraiser. She reported the matter to police at 6:17 p.m. Friday.
- A man fought off a dog described as a pitbull that had attacked his dog inthe 400 block of South 15th Street around noon Saturday, according to police records.
- Several callers to police reported what they thought were gunshots, but polie later learned they were fireworks being set off in the 300 block of Belle Street around 9:20 p.m. Saturday. The person responsible told police the fireworks were a “professional type.” Police ordered the person to stop.
- A woman told police the windshield of her car was broken while it was parked overnight in the 1600 block of South 12th Street. The report came in at 10:50 a.m. Sunday.
- A woman who had property stolen on Saturday at her residence in the 400 block of North Street told police on Sunday that someone had let her dog out of her backyard. According to police records, the woman claimed the dog had never escaped the yard in the past.
- A theft of undisclosed items was reported in the 100 block of Opdyke Avenue at 7:46 p.m. Friday.
- A man told police he woke in his home in the first block of Crownview Drive and found his front door damaged with the door knob missing from a possible burglary attempt, according to police records. The door knob was later found behind the residence.
- A bicycle was reported stolen from the 1200 block of South 13th Street at 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
- A theft of undisclosed items from an apartment in the 4000 block of Willow Springs was reported at 9:19 a.m. Saturday.
- A loss prevention employee at Kohl’s reported two 17-year-old men were in custody for shoplifting. One of the men will face charges while the other will be banned from the store, according to police records.
- A burglary was reported in the 600 block of South 19th Street at 12:06 p.m. Sunday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Brandon M. Kennedy, 31, of the 11300 block of North Illinois Highway 37, was arrested at 2:28 p.m. Saturday on charges of criminal trespassing and false impersonation of a police officer.
- Brittani Denee Skelton, 27, of the 300 block of Hickory Street, Bluford, was arrested at 9:18 p.m. Sunday on a charge of battery. Bond was set at $1,000 and Skelton was released.
- A woman told police Monday she was assaulted by an 18-year-old client of hers over the weekend in the 17000 block of North Illinois 37.
- Numerous gunshots were reported just after 6 p.m. Saturday in the 23600 block of North Jefferson.
- A driver of a semi tractor-trailer told police someone had syphoned “all of the” gas from his tanks while at the Loves Truck Stop near Ina. The theft was reported at 11:26 a.m. Saturday.