MT. VERNON —
Mt. Vernon Police Department
- Kristopher McCormick, 29, Wayne City, was arrested at 3:40 a.m. Sunday on a charge of driving under the influence. He posted bond and was released.
- Javiez Edwards, 21, of the 1500 block of South 12th Street, was arrested at 4:16 a.m. Sunday on charges of aggravated domestic battery and resisting arrest. Bail was set at $3,000.
- Burel E. Capps III, 26, Opdyke, was arrested at 8:35 p.m. Sunday of a charge of driving while license revoked.
- A female requested an officer at a residence in the 1900 block of Lake Street at 9:05 a.m. Monday in reference to items she believed were taken from her residence.
- A male caller renting a building in the 100 block of North Ninth Street reported at 10:37 a.m. Monday that the business had been burglarized.
- A man reported at 11:58 a.m. Monday that a government vehicle owned by the Armed Services Recruiting Office in the 100 block of Davidson Avenue had been damaged by another vehicle.
- A man reported at 12:25 p.m. Monday that a sump pump had been stolen from a business in the 800 block of Park Plaza.
- A female told police at 1:09 p.m. Monday that someone had stolen her dog at a residence in the 1500 block of South 12th Street.
- An employee of Good Samaritan Regional Health Center told police at 4:20 p.m. Monday that another employee had been struck by another man.
- An employee of a business in the 3300 block of Broadway told police that another employee’s vehicle was struck by an unknown person at 4:35 p.m. Monday.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- James W. Coomer, 31, of the 1100 block of South 25th Street, was arrested at 7:39 p.m. Sunday on a charge of criminal damage to property.
- Jack Oliver Jr., 51, of the 200 block of North Sixth Street, was arrested at 7:40 p.m. Sunday on a charge of criminal damage to property.
- An employee of Jamaican Joey’s at Dix reported a drive-off of $69.20 at 8:10 a.m. Tuesday.
- An item in Tuesday’s Daily Record incorrectly reported that an employee of Casey’s on Salem Road reported he was robbed at gunpoint on Friday night. The robbery took place on the business parking lot and did not involve an employee, according to the store manager.