MT. VERNON — — Third grade students received cheers and support from their fellow students at the District 80 Primary Center on Friday during an Illinois State Achievement Test parade and pep rally. In addition, Mt. Vernon Township High School cheerleaders performed for them, and Principal Shannon Marler encouraged every student to "do your best" on the tests, which will be held next week.
School board puts budget on display
The Mt. Vernon Township Board of Education Monday voted to place the district's tentative amended budget for 2013 on public display for 30 days.Continued ...
Former armory hosts flea market
The former armory on Broadway will be the home of a flea market and farmer's market, staring the first Saturday in June.Continued ...
ROE to merge with three counties
A resolution to incorporate Jefferson County into the Regional Office of Education 13 was unanimously approved by the Jefferson County Board.Continued ...
Game day cancelled
The regularly scheduled Game Day event at C.E. Brehm Memorial Library has been cancelled this month.Continued ...
Free summer school offered to area students
For high school students in the city and surrounding area who need make-up credit, Rend Lake College will start its annual free summer school program at the RLC MarketPlace.Continued ...
- Tournament deadline approaching
- Rainey given 40 years
- County's financial picture improves
- Armory property considered for events
- Good Sam hosts safety seat event
- Ina students have Happy Feet
- Local Tea Party members not targeted
- Thursday Night Live kicks off season
- Public assistance sought in burglaries
- ICE return unlikely this year
- School board puts budget on display