Free summer school offered to area students
For high school students in the city and surrounding area who need make-up credit, Rend Lake College will start its annual free summer school program at the RLC MarketPlace.Continued ...
Tournament deadline approaching
The deadline for teams to sign up in the Max Hoopster Gus Macker 3-on-3 Tournament is Monday. "That's for online sign-ups," said Bonnie Jerdon, member of the Mt. Vernon Festivals Committee. "We are still looking for teams of four people each to playContinued ...
Rainey given 40 years
MT. VERNON — Judge David Overstreet sentenced convicted sex offender Albert Rainey, 39, of Mt. Vernon to two consecutive 20-year prison sentences Friday. Rainey was convicted by a Jefferson County jury in February of two counts of predatory criminalContinued ...
County's financial picture improves
MT. VERNON — Despite not having ICE revenues for six months, Treasurer Dan Knox reported the county is "not out of the woods by a long shot," but the financial condition of the county has improved in the last 30 days. Claims pending as of Monday wilContinued ...
Armory property considered for events
The Mt. Vernon City Council Monday will discuss an agreement with Mt. Vernon Festivals, Inc., to use the former armory for Market Day events. The property was deeded to the city in October 2012, with the Branding Leadership Team wanting to utilize tContinued ...
- Good Sam hosts safety seat event
- Ina students have Happy Feet
- Local Tea Party members not targeted
- Thursday Night Live kicks off season
- Public assistance sought in burglaries
- ICE return unlikely this year
- Executive director resigns
- Fire district approves appointments
- Ceremony planned at Belle Rive School
- Free summer school offered to area students