ICE return unlikely this year
MT. VERNON -- It appears Jefferson County government is giving up on the idea of housing Immigrations, Customs & Enforcement prisoners this fiscal year, and perhaps long range. The federal prisoners were taken out of the county jail in early DecemberContinued ...
Executive director resigns
MT. VERNON — Following a five-year stint as the executive director of the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce, Brandon Bullard announced at Thursday's noon luncheon he is leaving the position. Bullard informed the Chamber's Executive Board of his dContinued ...
In a story in Thursday's edition concerning recommended appointments for the Jefferson Fire Protection District, it was incorrectly reported Les Sinks has been on the board for 30 years. He has been a volunteer for JFPD for 30 years. The appointmentContinued ...
Fire district approves appointments
MT. VERNON — Appointments to four Jefferson County fire districts were recommended for approval by the Land, Tax and Appointments Committee on Wednesday night. Les Sinks was re-appointed to the Jefferson Fire Protection District on a 2-1 vote, pendiContinued ...
Ceremony planned at Belle Rive School
BELLE RIVE — Nearly 80 years of history can evoke many memories. Current and former staff and students of Belle Rive Attendance Center will collectively share some of those memories during a closing ceremony to be conducted at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday at thContinued ...
- Fire destoys Belle Rive home
- ICE's future may be determined
- Wolves, bears and piggies, oh my!
- Compliance check results in two citations
- Architect says new high school project 'on budget'
- Pacers rout Knicks; take series lead
- Memorial Day events planned for holiday weekend
- Suite named in honor of physician
- Airport to host AirVenture Cup Race
- State of the Airport presented
- ICE return unlikely this year