Airport to host AirVenture Cup Race
The Mt. Vernon Outland Airport has been chosen as the starting point for the 2013 EAA AirVenture Cup Race. "This is wonderful," Airport Manager Chris Collins said. "This is wonderful news for the airport and for the community too." The race is one ofContinued ...
State of the Airport presented
MT. VERNON -- Operations at the Mt. Vernon Airport in 2012 were 23,050 -- up slightly from 22,928 in 2011, and based tenancy continues to grow with 48 aircraft registered, including 10 multi-engine aircraft. Other facts presented during the 2013 StatContinued ...
Rail crossing to be closed for repairs
Main and Broadway will be closed at the fifth street railroad crossings on May 22 and May 23 for rail repairs. "They will do one of the crossings on Wednesday and the other crossing on Thursday," said Dave Barner of the Illinois Department of TranspContinued ...
Rail crossing to close for repairs
MT. VERNON — Main and Broadway will be closed at the fifth street railroad crossings on May 22 and May 23 for rail repairs.Continued ...
Architect says new high school project 'on budget'
MT. VERNON — Nearing the end of the design development stage for the new Mt. Vernon Township High School, the architect in charge of the project told the Building Committee on Monday night the project is on budget.Continued ...
- Suite named in honor of physician
- State Scholars announced
- Lifeguard certification class scheduled
- Cedarhurst book lending deadline approaches
- City approves new electric rate
- Rams race to second in South Seven
- RLC Board OKs co-op agreements
- Housing Study work nearing completion
- Saturday Classic Kids matinee final for season
- District 80 makes personnel moves
- Airport to host AirVenture Cup Race