City approves new electric rate
MT. VERNON — The city executed a contract Friday morning which will set electric rates for residents in the electric aggregate program at $0.04194. The new rate is for those who chose not to opt out of the electric aggregate, which was approved by voContinued ...
Rams race to second in South Seven
CENTRALIA – Mt. Vernon's boys track team placed second to Cahokia at the South Seven meet Friday. The Rams finished with 145 points. Cahokia had 191 points. “We don't like finishing second,” Mt. Vernon coach Clint Turner said. “Cahokia's a great teaContinued ...
RLC Board OKs co-op agreements
INA -- Two inter-district educational cooperative agreements were approved by the Rend Lake College Board of Trustees earlier this week. Both agreements are with Southeastern Illinois College, District 533, based in Harrisburg. The first agreement isContinued ...
Housing Study work nearing completion
MT. VERNON — The city's housing and marketing project is nearing completion of the next phase. "This part is the marketing aspect of it," said Nathan McKenna, City Capital Projects Manager. "It will be for developers, lenders and builders." The neeContinued ...
Saturday Classic Kids matinee final for season
MT. VERNON — The final installment of the Granada Classic Kids Matinee for the season will be held Saturday with a showing of A Cinderella Story. "This will be the last free matinee of the season, and as ever, one lucky child will win a $50 savingsContinued ...
- District 80 makes personnel moves
- Reading program has full agenda
- Students hear reasons to leave parties
- Drug sweep nets 13 arrests
- Street re-alignment project in design
- Winning lottery ticket sold in city
- Celebrate Life fundraiser to be held
- Streetscape construction slated for July 31 finish
- Carjacker receives 20-year sentence
- Current military personnel to be recognized at luncheon
- City approves new electric rate