- Jerry "J.R." Nance Jerry R. "J.R." Nance, 82, of Mt. Vernon, died 2:55 p.m. Friday, June 7, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. He was born Thursday, April 9, 1931, in East St. Louis, the son of Orley R. and Sarah E. (Stringer) Nance. He married Doro
- Norma Mullins Norma Ruth Mullins, 83, of Opdyke, died 6:38 a.m. Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at Good Samaritan Regional Health Center in Mt. Vernon. She was born Sunday, Sept. 1, 1929, in Mt. Vernon, the daughter of Lawrence and Dolly (Geisler) Poston. She married Rol
- Larry Scrivner Larry Lee Scrivner, 73, of Bluford, died 10:12 a.m. Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at his home in Bluford. He was born Sunday, Dec. 10, 1939, in Dixon, the son of Rozier L. and Thelma N. (Williams) Scrivner. He married Sheila Shirrell on May 5, 1999, Las V
- Lowell Atchison Lowell Atchison, 87, of Lebanon, formerly of Mt. Vernon, passed away Friday, June 7, 2013, at Cedar Ridge Helathcare Center. He was born Feb. 21, 1926, in Mt. Vernon. He married Joan Royer Nov. 3, 1972, in Centralia. He is survived by his wife Joan
- J.R. Nance Jerry R. "J.R." Nance, 82, of Mt. Vernon, passed away at 2:55 p.m. Friday, June 7, 2013, at Crossroads Community Hospital in Mt. Vernon. Arrangements are pending and are entrusted to the care of Hughey Funeral Home where you may call 242-3348 or vis
- Dominique McCrae Dominique Dontez McCrae, 27, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 11:50 a.m. Saturday, June 8, 2013, in Bonnie. Dominique was born Oct. 14, 1985, in Chapel Hill, N.C., the son of Brian Keith and Tawanda Ann (Goss) McCrae. He worked for MMMM at the Continental
Raymond E. Atchison, 95, of Mt. Vernon, passed away 7 p.m. Friday, June 7, 2013 at Countryside Manor in Mt. Vernon.
Gertrude Heil, 94, of Dahlgren, died 11:40 p.m. Friday, June 7, 2013, at McLeansboro Rehabilitation & Health Care center in McLeansboro.
- Lena Murphy Lena Faye Murphy, 67, of McLeansboro, passed away 5:15 a.m. Friday, June 7, 2013, at her residence. Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Harre Funeral Home with the Rev. Harl Cockrum officiating. Burial will be at Buckeye Cemetery in F
- Daniel Heltsley Daniel Ray Heltsley, 56, of Centralia, died at 11:19 a.m. Friday, June 7, 2013, at his home. He was born on April 5, 1957, in Evansville, Ind., the son of Donald Ray and Martha Lee (Smith) Heltsley. On Oct. 24, 2003, in Marion County, he married Dee
- More Obituaries Headlines