- State News
Mayor, Ill. lawmakers make case for Chicago casino
Visitors to the nation's third-largest city are usually spotted wandering the Magnificent Mile, snapping pictures of the Willis Tower and sampling Chicago-style deep dish pizza, but if some persistent Illinois lawmakers and Mayor Rahm Emanuel get their way, a glitzy casino would be on their agenda, too.Continued ...
Court gives more time for concealed carry appeal
The U.S. Supreme Court is giving Illinois' attorney general more time to decide whether to appeal a ruling that the state's ban on the public possession of firearms is unconstitutional.Continued ...
Georgia trucker indicted in Illinois trooper death
HILLSBORO, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois grand jury has indicted a Georgia truck driver on felony charges in the November highway death of an Illinois state trooper, Illinois State Police said Tuesday.Continued ...
Quinn: Local option way to go on concealed carry
CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn has reiterated his support for a concealed carry law that gives local communities the option to impose their own restrictions.Continued ...
More rain, snow could lead to more flooding
GRAFTON, Ill. (AP) — The Mississippi River started its slow decline at some problematic spots Monday, but the spring flood is far from over.Continued ...
Illinois investors worried about state economy
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago area's wealthiest investors are much more nervous about their state's economy than counterparts elsewhere in the nation, according to a poll released Monday that reinforces concerns some companies may relocate if Illinois' financial situation doesn't improve.Continued ...
- Field Museum receives pieces of Russian meteorite
- Chicago pastors want gun control legislation
- Ill. town cemetery heavily damaged by vandals
- Illinois AG says time for immigration reform now
- Struggling Cahokia schools could go without sports
- First lady to visit school impacted by violence
- Marble fragment of Lincoln sarcophagus on display
- 2 charged in drive-by shooting of 14-year-old
- Peoria street gangs warned: 'You're next'
- 1-man Illinois police department robbed
- Voters come out to cast ballots in Illinois
- Simon speaks in support of equal pay
- New rental car facility opens at Midway Airport
- Ex-Ill. lawmaker elected to succeed Jackson Jr.
- Mayor, Ill. lawmakers make case for Chicago casino