- State News
Illinois Senate OKs union-backed pension deal
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — The Illinois Senate voted Thursday to send a union-supported pension reform bill to the House, leaving lawmakers with two competing proposals for dealing with the nation's worst state pension crisis just weeks before the Legislature is scheduled to adjourn.Continued ...
Illinois Senate approves union-backed pension plan
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A Senate committee has approved a union-backed approach for addressing Illinois' nearly $100 billion pension crisis.Continued ...
Republicans: Chair's resignation is time to reboot
CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois Republicans said the resignation Tuesday of the head of the state party is a chance to regroup, rebuild the base and address mistakes that led to an Election Day shellacking.Continued ...
Illinois opens grant process for health guides
The race is on in Illinois for $28 million in grants to help consumers learn how to shop for health insurance.Continued ...
Illinois Senate considers 2 state pension options
Illinois state senators are considering two possible paths toward addressing the nation's worst state pension crisis, including one option that would cut benefits for retirees and is almost certain to be challenged in court.Continued ...
Mayor, Ill. lawmakers make case for Chicago casino
Visitors to the nation's third-largest city are usually spotted wandering the Magnificent Mile, snapping pictures of the Willis Tower and sampling Chicago-style deep dish pizza, but if some persistent Illinois lawmakers and Mayor Rahm Emanuel get their way, a glitzy casino would be on their agenda, too.Continued ...
- Court gives more time for concealed carry appeal
- Georgia trucker indicted in Illinois trooper death
- Quinn: Local option way to go on concealed carry
- More rain, snow could lead to more flooding
- Illinois investors worried about state economy
- Field Museum receives pieces of Russian meteorite
- Chicago pastors want gun control legislation
- Ill. town cemetery heavily damaged by vandals
- Illinois AG says time for immigration reform now
- Struggling Cahokia schools could go without sports
- First lady to visit school impacted by violence
- Marble fragment of Lincoln sarcophagus on display
- 2 charged in drive-by shooting of 14-year-old
- Peoria street gangs warned: 'You're next'
- Illinois Senate OKs union-backed pension deal