- State News
Quinn: Local option way to go on concealed carry
CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn has reiterated his support for a concealed carry law that gives local communities the option to impose their own restrictions.Continued ...
More rain, snow could lead to more flooding
GRAFTON, Ill. (AP) — The Mississippi River started its slow decline at some problematic spots Monday, but the spring flood is far from over.Continued ...
Illinois investors worried about state economy
CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago area's wealthiest investors are much more nervous about their state's economy than counterparts elsewhere in the nation, according to a poll released Monday that reinforces concerns some companies may relocate if Illinois' financial situation doesn't improve.Continued ...
Field Museum receives pieces of Russian meteorite
CHICAGO (AP) — Dozens of small pieces of a meteorite that exploded earlier this year over Russia were donated to the Field Museum on Tuesday, giving scientists the opportunity to study the rare rock.Continued ...
Chicago pastors want gun control legislation
CHICAGO (AP) — Some of Chicago's high-profile pastors have turned over a petition to the governor with nearly 50,000 signatures calling for gun control legislation.Continued ...
Ill. town cemetery heavily damaged by vandals
TUSCOLA (AP) — Police in the small eastern Illinois town of Tuscola say dozens of headstones at a local cemetery have been vandalized over the past week.Continued ...
- Illinois AG says time for immigration reform now
- Struggling Cahokia schools could go without sports
- First lady to visit school impacted by violence
- Marble fragment of Lincoln sarcophagus on display
- 2 charged in drive-by shooting of 14-year-old
- Peoria street gangs warned: 'You're next'
- 1-man Illinois police department robbed
- Voters come out to cast ballots in Illinois
- Simon speaks in support of equal pay
- New rental car facility opens at Midway Airport
- Ex-Ill. lawmaker elected to succeed Jackson Jr.
- Man admits 2011 killing as murder trial begins
- United Airlines puts 787s in schedule for May 31
- Police: Motorist leaps over guardrail after wreck
- Quinn: Local option way to go on concealed carry