- State News
Illinois high court rules against E2 owners
CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Supreme Court on Thursday reversed an appellate court's decision that tossed guilty verdicts and sentences for owners of a Chicago nightclub where 21 people were crushed to death in 2003 as they stampeded down a stairwell from the second floor.Continued ...
Audit finds lack of mine inspectors in Illinois
CHAMPAIGN (AP) — The state department in charge of mine safety lacked enough safety inspectors to comply with Illinois law in 2011 and 2012, according to an audit of the agency released Thursday.Continued ...
'One Destiny' takes stage at Lincoln Museum
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — A play about an actor and a house manager at Ford's Theater the night Abraham Lincoln was shot will be staged this month in Springfield.Continued ...
2 businessmen convicted of fraud for claiming
CHICAGO (AP) — Two businessmen have been convicted of fraud after prosecutors say they tried to secure minority contracts.Continued ...
Chicagoan sentenced to life for killing teller
CHICAGO (AP) — A federal judge has sentenced a Chicago man to life in prison for fatally shooting a 23-year-old teller during a South Side bank robbery.Continued ...
ISU narrows list of candidates for new president
BLOOMINGTON (AP) — Officials of Illinois State University have narrowed the list of candidates for the school's next president.Continued ...
- Belleville diocese orders parishes to double-up
- Life sentence in killing of Curry's ex, daughter
- Chicago officials want public drinking crackdown
- Man convicted of sexually abusing child in 2008
- Police probe Salvation Army break-in in Belleville
- Union Pacific donates $500,000 to Lincoln Library
- Suspect in NIU student slaying enters plea
- ISU presidential search committee meets
- Business, advocacy groups split on Quinn tax plan
- Last lawsuit in wrongful Paris convictions settled
- Chi. schools CEO defends planned school closings
- SIU board meeting derails after 2 walk out
- Ill. officer accused of being drunk on job resigns
- Blue Angels cancel, so Rockford AirFest postponed
- Illinois high court rules against E2 owners