- State News
Union Pacific donates $500,000 to Lincoln Library
SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Union Pacific Corp. has donated $500,000 to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library to celebrate the legacy of the man whose actions helped create the railroad.Continued ...
Suspect in NIU student slaying enters plea
SYCAMORE (AP) — A 36-year-old man charged in the 2010 slaying of a Northern Illinois University student whose burned body was found in a park days after she disappeared entered a plea in exchange for a 37-year prison sentence on Wednesday.Continued ...
ISU presidential search committee meets
NORMAL (AP) — Illinois State University's presidential search committee is scheduled to meet in Normal.Continued ...
Business, advocacy groups split on Quinn tax plan
CHICAGO (AP) — Gov. Pat Quinn's proposal to end three so-called loopholes in corporate taxes got its first blast of public input Wednesday, as business groups questioned whether it's fair and could hurt job creation while child and citizen advocacy groups praised it as a way to help pay down Illinois' gargantuan backlog of unpaid bills.Continued ...
Last lawsuit in wrongful Paris convictions settled
URBANA (AP) — A federal judge has signed off on a $3.5 million settlement in a lawsuit filed by one of two men wrongfully convicted of killing newlyweds in eastern Illinois in the 1980s.Continued ...
Chi. schools CEO defends planned school closings
CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Public Schools CEO Barbara Byrd Bennett says she's insulted by allegations of racism from opponents of her plan to close 54 schools.Continued ...
- SIU board meeting derails after 2 walk out
- Ill. officer accused of being drunk on job resigns
- Blue Angels cancel, so Rockford AirFest postponed
- Visitation begins for mobile home fire victims
- IDNR offers tips on coexisting with wildlife
- ISU to host high school cyber defense competition
- Guilty verdict in 2002 murder of Johnsberg teen
- Mourners gather for Illinois trooper's funeral
- Man shot in lobby of Vernon Hills Police Dept.
- Suspect in NIU student slaying agrees to plea deal
- Vandal destroys Rock Island Jesus statue
- CTA wants to improve underground wireless coverage
- Judge: Firm can sue Facebook over 'timeline'
- Ebert: Cancer returns, taking 'leave of presence'
- Union Pacific donates $500,000 to Lincoln Library