- State News
ISU to host high school cyber defense competition
NORMAL (AP) — Teams of high school students will be defending computer networks against cyber-attacks as part of a competition hosted by Illinois State University.Continued ...
Guilty verdict in 2002 murder of Johnsberg teen
WOODSTOCK (AP) — A McHenry County jury convicted a 29-year-old of first-degree murder for decade-old death of a Johnsberg teenager.Continued ...
Mourners gather for Illinois trooper's funeral
PALOS HEIGHTS (AP) — Hundreds of law enforcement officials filled a suburban Chicago church on Tuesday to hear Illinois State Police Trooper James Sauter described as a man who had a lasting impact on everyone who knew him.Continued ...
Man shot in lobby of Vernon Hills Police Dept.
VERNON HILLS (AP) — A man is fair condition after being shot by suburban Chicago officers when he pulled out a handgun in the lobby of the Vernon Hills Police Department.Continued ...
Suspect in NIU student slaying agrees to plea deal
SYCAMORE (AP) — A man charged in the 2010 slaying of a Northern Illinois University is expected to enter a plea in exchange for a 37-year prison sentence.Continued ...
Vandal destroys Rock Island Jesus statue
ROCK ISLAND (AP) — Rock Island police are investigating after a man destroyed a 100-year-old statue of Jesus outside a Catholic church.Continued ...
- CTA wants to improve underground wireless coverage
- Judge: Firm can sue Facebook over 'timeline'
- Ebert: Cancer returns, taking 'leave of presence'
- Northern Illinois University names new president
- Chicago police say crime down in first quarter
- Islamic group sues DuPage County over facility
- Illinois income tax filing deadline 2 weeks away
- Court upholds conviction of ex-police commander
- Chicago woman found dead in high-rise trash chute
- IEPA: Asbestos levels too high at demolition site
- Scientists look for Illinois sites to move mussels
- Illinois' governor to lead trade visit to Mexico
- Suburban Chicago US Army Reservist honored
- The Cure, Mumford and Sons to play Lollapalooza
- ISU to host high school cyber defense competition