MT. VERNON — — Construction continued Monday at Veterans Park. Parks employee Ryan Perigo dug an area for a concrete pad around a bench, and employees built scaffolding to support a bench swing while its concrete foundation hardens. Parks director George Bryant said the swing was able to be placed thanks to the donations of Toni Federici and Continental Tire the Americas.
Ina students have Happy Feet
INA — Happy faces accompanied the happy feet of student at Ina Grade School Friday as they participated in a Happy Feet Walk-A-Thon.Continued ...
- Thursday Night Live kicks off season
- Horace Mann demolition underway
- Wolves, bears and piggies, oh my!
- Ina students have Happy Feet
Tournament deadline approaching
The deadline for teams to sign up in the Max Hoopster Gus Macker 3-on-3 Tournament is Monday. "That's for online sign-ups," said Bonnie Jerdon, member of the Mt. Vernon Festivals Committee. "We are still looking for teams of four people each to playContinued ...
- Rainey given 40 years
- County's financial picture improves
- Armory property considered for events
- Tournament deadline approaching
Geraldine "Jerry" Williams
Geraldine "Jerry" Williams, 86, of Bonnie, passed away at 11:45 p.m. , Thursday, May 16, 2013, at Mt. Vernon Countryside Manor. She was born on Oct. 28, 1926, the daughter of Paul and Dorothy (Kirk) Brumitt. She was married to Thurmand Williams for 6Continued ...
- Norma Ericson
- Scott Etienne
- Doris Webb
- Ruby Shelton
- Geraldine "Jerry" Williams
Palmer advances at track state Mt. Vernon's Aaliyah Palmer will compete in two events at today's 2A girls track and field state final. Palmer qualified from Friday's preliminary round in the shot put and discus. Palmer threw the shot put 39 feet, 11Continued ...
- Area teams contend for titles
- Rams qualify for state in 5 events
- Sports briefs
- Sports briefs
Feces contaminates 58 percent of public swimming pools
Human feces taints more than half of public swimming pools, a finding U.S. health officials are using to urge better personal hygiene as the summer months approach.Continued ...
- Editorial: Seizure of AP phone records insult to independent press
- How to get the most out of your air conditioner this summer
- VIDEO: How robots will shape the future
- Feces contaminates 58 percent of public swimming pools