MT. VERNON — A two-vehicle accident near the intersection of 27th and Broadway Streets snarled traffic after 4 p.m. Friday. One west-bound lane was blocked while first responders treated those involved. Two people were transported to Crossroads Community Hospital by Medic One EMTs. Mt. Vernon Fire Department and Mt. Vernon Police Department personnel responded to the scene, as well as Rick’s Towing and Christian’s Towing. No other information was immediately available.
New park shelter to be completed Friday
MT. VERNON — The newest park shelter at Veterans Memorial Park is slated for completion Friday.Continued ...
- 'Run to the Wall' pit stop made in Mt. Vernon
- Bark for Life benefits Jefferson County Relay for Life
- Ready to honor
- New park shelter to be completed Friday
Appraisals ongoing for MVTHS property
MT. VERNON – Efforts are underway to appraise the market value of the Mount Vernon Township High School campus, but no price estimates have yet been announced. Officials hope to sell some or all of the buildings at the site to help pay for the $72.8Continued ...
- Federal inmate lawsuit dismissed
- New park shelter nears completion
- Development Corporation holds annual meeting
- Appraisals ongoing for MVTHS property
Gary Lee Bullock, of St. James, Mo., passed away at his home on Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013. He was 64 years, 8 months and 11 days of age. Gary Lee Bullock was born on May 30, 1948, to his parents, David Sherman and Esther (Owens) Bullock. Gary Bullock wasContinued ...
- Deborah McPherson
- Fern Prince
- Scott Etienne
- Thelma Bumpus
- Gary Bullock
Liriano dominates as Pirates edge Cubs 1-0
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Francisco Liriano continued his torrid start, scattering two hits over seven innings and the Pittsburgh Pirates edged the Chicago Cubs 1-0 on Wednesday night. Liriano (3-0) struck out nine and walked just one to remain unbeaten sincContinued ...
- Rams rock Herrin in five
- Sports briefs
- Sports briefs
- Liriano dominates as Pirates edge Cubs 1-0
Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Twitter is adding a new security tool to its website, making it harder for outsiders to gain access to accounts, a month after a false posting triggered a stock-market decline.Continued ...
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
- Where to get the best deal on beer, haircuts, movies
- In fan fiction, your favorite characters do what you want them to
- Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked